Software Engineer Lead Position Description
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented and experienced software engineer with strong technical and team-leadership skills, to join our Melbourne team. You will be responsible for the development and maintenance of new cloud based services, initially working with and reporting to our Enterprise Architect, and managing a team of skilled engineers. The successful candidate is expected to have experience in a lead role.
You will have the following core competencies: High level of communication skills; Independent thinking; Problem solving; Personal motivation; High energy levels; Strong work ethic; Trustworthy judgement; Ability to work without significant supervision; High personal integrity; Great team worker; Strong decision making skills; enthusiasm for technology.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2014/16(or higher)
- Experience of architecting the data, middleware and application layers
- Demonstrable experience working with (private/public/hybrid) cloud platforms
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work both individually and also to lead a team.
- Self-motivated organised professional, who takes responsibility for their work, capable of being highly productive in a home based work environment.
- Microsoft .NET C#, Microsoft SQL Server 2014, ElasticSearch (Lucene), AngularJS
- ElasticSearch or other similar Lucene based indexes or no-SQL document database
- Demonstrable experience working autonomously within distributed teams
- Agile (Scrum, et al) project methodology
- Big-Data processing and management
We offer a competitive package and the opportunity to join a rapidly expanding international business with a growing portfolio of blue-chip customers. Our staff are key in delivering high quality, innovative solutions to our clients and we nurture an energetic and supportive working environment.
Role: Software Engineer Team Lead
Benefits: 24 Days Holiday, Plus Superannuation, BYOD joining payment
Location: Home based with meetings as required in the Melbourne Office
Salary: Circa 120k dependant on experience
Hours: 8:30am – 5:30pm.
Apply For This Job
- WORK LOCATION
Melbourne - Victoria